Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lady Gaga Inspired Bow

Halo (Germany), Bonjour (France), Hola (Spain or Mexico)! Or if your american like me, Hello! As you probably read by the title, I'm doing a Gaga inspired hair bow. If you do not know what that is then here is a picture of Lady gaga sporting the Bow.                                             
                    
This picture was borrowed from online sources. I do not take credit. :)













                                                                                                 Hopefully all my awesome worldwide followers know who Lady Gaga is, but just in case you don't, Lady Gaga is a singer, songwriter and a partial actress. She is a little bit quirky but has an amazing voice. Some of her songs are a little bit PG 13 but hey, that's why we love Gaga. For more info on Gaga go here =>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Gaga
Anyways here's my take on the lady gaga bow look...



As you can see, my bow is all of my hair combined into one piece. If you'd like to achieve this look, please follow the steps below.
Things you will need...
1. Lots of bobby pins, clips, barettes.
2. One pony tail. Aka hair tie/band
3. Hairspray
4. Headband (optional) also any accessories you would like. :)
Step 1. Flip hair over and make a very High Ponytail.
Step 2. Split hair into two sections, but leave a small amount of hair in the middle for the middle of your bow. This will come in hand later.
Step 3. Twist right end of hair into a loop. Kind of hard to explain, but if you watch the video by foxy locks she sort of explains it.
Step 4. Secure with as many bobby pins it takes to hold really well. I used only one because I thought it would hold but about an hour later it fell out. So definitely use at least two.
Step 5. Repeat on other side.
Step 6. Take the middle piece of hair and wrap it back to create the knot of the bow effect. If there's too much hair and it looks funny, I recommend wrapping it under one of the bows extremely carefully. 
Step 7. If you have short hair, this could be your final step. Just be sure to use hairspray. And lots of it.
If you have long hair like foxy locks and I, Move along to step 8
Step 8. With long hair, your bow will look droopy and wilted. To fix this push bow up and forward and bobby pin some more. Like I said before. Use A TON, of hairspray. In this project its your best friend.
To see FoxyLocks Video see below...


This video is not mine. This is Imogen. She, I think, owns the Foxy Locks Extensions business. Check her out on blogspot... imogenfoxylocks.blogspot.com I love her she is another one of my inspirations. I think she is so beautiful and she taught me so much on YouTube. So everyone go follow me and Imogen.
I hope you all had a great time today learning the Gaga Bow! Xoxo Shenae :)

No comments:

Post a Comment